Friday, April 22, 2011

March 23, 2011

I mentioned in my blog yesterday, that our lives changed because of an email I received.
It was Wednesday, March 23. The day was going like any other day for us. I decided to take a breather and get on Facebook for a few minutes while the kids were watching a video.
I'm a mega nerd and always get excited when I see that I have a new message, LOL
So, when I saw that I did in fact have a new message in my inbox, I went to check that first before looking at status updates. Boy, am I glad I wasted NO time in reading this particular FB message !

In this email a sweet friend of mine mentioned that she knew of a lawyer who was looking for a family to adopt an unborn baby girl. This lawyer asked my friend if she knew of ANYONE who would be interested in this baby. My friend said that she immediately thought of Mike and I and gave the lawyer our names. The lawyer wanted to know if she could talk with Mike and I asap, for she was in desperate need of finding this baby a home. Of course, when I read through the email my heart skipped a beat and I was already imagining if this could "be it". Now, to approach my husband who was in the midst of college mid terms :)
Mike's first question when I told him about this baby girl was, " how much will it cost "....haha
I explained as much as I knew, about the situation, to him and pleaded with him to at least allow the lawyer to contact us and for us to get more details. OKAY !!! So, I quickly emailed my friend back and told her that yes, the lawyer could contact us. Mike and I immediately began to pray that God would guide our steps, give us insight and allow His will to be done ( despite how badly we wanted this to be the moment we were waiting for ) Within about 30 minutes, I received the call from the lawyer. She was working with a birthmother since January and had been unable to find a family for this birth mom. She told me a few other details about the case ( which I cannot share ) and then told me that I could call the birth mother to get a "feel for her". WOW !!!! I ran outside to tell Mike everything the lawyer had said to me. I asked if he was alright with me contacting this birth mother. We again prayed together ( as we had both been separately praying since we received the email ) Mike told me to go ahead and call the mom. I spoke with her about 15 minutes and asked her several important questions about her adoption plan. I remember telling her that I hoped we would talk again soon.....she agreed with me that she hoped we would talk again. Once again, I RAN outside to tell Mike everything we said to one another. Mike proceeds to tell me that he thinks everything sounds good and that incredibly, he was getting this overwhelming peace already ! We decided that a second call to the lawyer was warranted. You can imagine how excited this lawyer was to receive my call that yes, we had a peace about this. She wanted me to immediately call a colleague of hers ( who does home studies ) to set a time we could meet with him. Mike and I decided that we would spend the night in deep prayer and that if our peace remained, that the following morning I would call this man to begin our home study.

You can imagine, I did NOT sleep that night !!!!
When Mike came home from work the next morning, I ask him how he feels. Anyone who knows my husband, knows he LOVES to joke around. He replied to me, "how do I feel about WHAT " . Seriously Mike ?!!!! After getting me a little tense ( me thinking he is truly unaware of what I'm talking about ), Mike tells me that nothing has changed except that he feels even stronger peace from the Lord.
We decide to not only call the man to begin our home study but to check in with the lawyer, making sure she knows we are 100% on board with this adoption. She informs me that she had received a phone call that morning from a prospective adoptive couple who wanted this baby girl. Now, remember the lawyer had been working with this birth mother since January and had NO luck finding a family. The lawyers words to me over the phone were, " well you guys got in just in time for this baby. It's amazing when the stars just line up right ".
I shared with her how in fact, God was the Author of us being the ones who would be this baby's forever family !!!

I just assumed that our lawyer would call the birth mother back letting her know that we were going to proceed with this adoption. Well, our lawyer had gotten sick since I had last spoken with her and had NOT informed the birth mother. I got to make that call !!! I will never forget the sound of birth momma's sigh of relief when I told her we were the ones !

She mentioned to me that day, that at the beginning of the following week she had an ultrasound on the baby and was asking me to come with her. I thought that would be the day I met my daughter's birth mother for the first time but once again, God was gonna surprise us !!

I will share tomorrow on our first meeting with this precious birth mother....

No comments:

Post a Comment